The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the primary police agency for the Rural Municipality of Cornwallis.
The municipality employs a Municipal Constable with duties to enforce municipal by-laws (Noise By-Law, Animal Control By-Law) and Provincial Statutes (Highway Traffic Act, Liquor Control Act, Off Road Vehicle Act et’ al) to name a few. The Municipal Constable can be reached either by phone at (204) 724-7999 or by email at email@example.com.
Six Things to Tell the Operator When you Need Help:
- Who you need – Police, Fire or Ambulance
- Where you need the help (your address)
- What is happening now
- How did it happen
- When did it happen
- Your name
- Teach everyone in your family how to make emergency calls.
- If you accidentally call 911, stay on the line so the operator knows that help is not needed; otherwise, the operator will notify the Police to investigate.
- The 911 number
- Your civic address
- Your phone number
- Directions to your home from the Police Station and Fire Hall